Okay, so I DON'T have a whole lot of time! Easter was good! We went to three different sacrament meetings and sang in two diff
erent on-the-spot chiors. Crazy good stuff! So, we haven't had any new investigators and we had to hand James and Jun off to the Chinese Elders since they're now going to a Chinese ward. They didn't get baptized on their date, but I have every ounce of confidence that that WILL get baptized! And soon at that!
erent on-the-spot chiors. Crazy good stuff! So, we haven't had any new investigators and we had to hand James and Jun off to the Chinese Elders since they're now going to a Chinese ward. They didn't get baptized on their date, but I have every ounce of confidence that that WILL get baptized! And soon at that!
As far as how the work is going we've been working a TON with less active members! And I LOVE it! I feel like my purpose for being here in Salt Lake is to totally strengthen these center stakes of Zion! And, for some reason or other, I always feel WAY more comfortable teaching less active people than I do with investigators. Maybe it has something to do with having their salvation in my hands and all that. But yeah. It's good!
...I'm trying to think of what else I can say. Hmm. Transfers are coming up on April 10th so there's always that possibility of being transfered. I am WAY OOBER excited for Conference! We're going to go to a family in the ward's house and watching it on their HUGE flat screen. (I'll have to send you pictures of the couple! They're like one of our favorites!). Also, did I mention that my companion's birthday is on the 8th and mine's on the 7th? So yeah. WAY fun! We're going to do all sorts of fun things next weekend! But I am WAY excited for conference!
So we've had a lot of crazy things happen to us -crazy good and crazy bad. Like yesterday, I talked to this woman and she walked up to me, put her hands on my shoulders, looked me in the eye and said: "I HATE Mormons." So yeah, that was weird! But we just brushed it off and kept on going. Later on that day, we ran into several people who were OOBER happy and nice and although few of them wanted to listen to the message, they were very curtious about it. We're currently teaching about six less active members and it's in the works to start teaching more of them. So yeah. Gotta love that!
Other than that, I'm not exactly sure what updates I can give. The weeks are SO full, but when Pday comes around I can never remember all of them... Anyway. I love you all SO MUCH!!! I hope you have a GREAT rest of your week and I hope you think of me as you share the gospel with all your friends and coworkers, etc.
I love you ALL dearly!
All My Love,
Sister Willis
P.S. Happy Early Brithday Jacob!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment